How To Create A Blog Post In WordPress 3.1.2
Word Press is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can be used for blogging alone or in conjunction with a full blown dymanic, serverside, database driven website.
1. To create a blog post in WordPress 3.1.1 the first step is to log into the administrative section of your WordPress installation.
The default login url is http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-admin
2. Once you have logged in you will be greeted by the Dashboard screen.
3. Above you will see a red rectangle. This is where you slect the "New Post" When you click on new post a new window will open where the blog post is created.
4. In the above screen shot you will see the next 5 steps.
- Enter The title for the bolg post.
- Type the content for the blog post. If you are copying the content from word or any other program you must copy it into a program like NotePad that removes all formatting. If you copy directly from Word or a similar progrem you will have problems formatting the text in WordPress.
- If you alrready have the categories createdd just select the category or categories you would like to post to. If you do not have a category created you can create it by clicking the link under where you select categories.
- Add your post tags. These are key words and phrases that are included in your post. Choose about 5 to 7 words that best describe what the post is about.
- Finally, Publish the post. That's it You have created your first blog post in WordPress.