You finally realize that you need a good opt-in list. After reading countless articles and sought expert advices and have read many success stories of people creating a small fortune with opt-in lists you finally decide to have one of your own. Then it happens, you think you have known everything there is to know about opt-in lists and have followed their advices to the T and you still weren’t able to make a profit.
In fact, you may be losing money. You maybe hiring writers to help you out, or there are some expenses incurred, even if you have a big list, but only a very small percentage actually buys from you, your still losing profit. You’ll realize that after a few months when you see your statistics and sales figures.
So what could have gone wrong? Why have others succeeded where you have failed? The most common mistake is that you dived straight right in. You chose a topic where you think could be quite popular and would earn you money. This just not the case. Just because you wrote people from the list doesn’t mean they are going to buy instantly.
Here I will offer more advice, for those who have started an opt-in list and have failed, you can rejuvenate your failed venture. For those who are starting, here are three quick and easy ways to build a profitable opt-in list.
1) Get your customers to trust you and your products first. Just launching your opt-in list would not make you an expert and a believable seller. Put many articles first before you start an opt-in list. Write about the topic you know and have started and used for your site. Try to put forums first to gain knowledge about your customers about their wants and needs and target those wants and needs.
Join forums from other sites as well. Provide expert advices and recommendations. When you feel that people trust you already, you will be able to start your own opt-in list. You can build a base as well with other forum users. You can ask them to join your list. Friends are always good customers. Put up a link to your site so that they may be able to see what you’re business is all about.
The certain truth is, the money will only come in when the consumers and subscribers believe and trust in you. They want a product or service that could be a good exchange for their money. People are not going to buy something out of your recommendation if they don’t know you.
2) Find a product or service that people want and need. Although it may not be your forte, if you provide a service and product that you have researched and learned about well, you can carry it on forward. Invest your time, effort and money that you could sell as well as the buyers or subscribers of your opt-in list can use.
While it is true that it is best to sell something that you have interest in, there are not many people who have the same interest as you if you decide to sell something that is not entirely popular or profitable. Do your research well and you would see the profits come in. Also provide your subscribers with promotional material that they could actually use and spread around.
3) Make friends with other opt-in list users. This is basically beneficial especially if it is someone who has already launched a successful opt-in list. These are people that have the experience in this venture and experience is still the best teacher. While there are many articles available for you in the internet to use, there is nothing like getting a first hand account from someone you trust.
Experienced opt-in list users will be able to tell you what to do and what not to do because they have gone through it. While different situations occur for different people, the general concept can still be very helpful. There are many things to avoid and these people will be able to tell you which ones.
Building a profitable opt-in list don’t just happen overnight. There are many preparations and effort to do. Opt-in lists are built from scratch, as your list grows, you should also maintain the quality of your list. Keep it organized and manageable. Get or hire help if need be, just make sure that your subscribers are happy and satisfied and they will be willing to buy from you.
Getting potential clients / customers to your site is only half the battle. Once your have them there you have to keep them there.
Give them what they want. Cater to there needs. Ask them what else they would like. Be sincere in wanting to be of assistance. Write compelling persuasive content that will keep them focused on their initial purpose for visiting your site.
To build your opt-in list you must do the same. Offer useful information and content that is unique. If you expect someone to give you an e-mail address you have to offer them something that they will find useful. The ultimate goal is not to sell your product or service, it is to build a customer /client relationship and trust.
Remember, if you are an e-mail marketer you must adhere to the Anti-Spam Laws.
If you own a site and sell a product or service you should be building an opt-in e-mail list to use in your marketing portfolio and campaign.
Many times visitors will come to a site with the intentions of making a purchase and for some reason never follow through. Once they leave your site you may never see them again. Getting people to trust you with their e-mail address for follow up can be beneficial in acquiring a new client or customer. Getting the opt-in e-mail address can be a fairly easy process with the proper tools.
To build a list you will need a method to acquire the e-mail address such as a form. Make your form non intrusive. Don’t ask for a lot of personal information in the beginning. A name and e-mail address is sufficient. You will also need an auto responder to welcome your new potential customer or client. Personal follow up can take place at another time.
Offering an informative newsletter is one way to get people to freely give you their e-mail address. If someone comes to your site they initially had a reason. Whether it was research of a product / service or to actually to purchase the product / service. Giving free valuable information in return for an e-mail address is a great way to build your list.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Building a list does not come over night. You can not buy a list. You must create a list from people that want to receive the information you offer.Below I will list several legitimate ways to build you list. We only approve of white hat practices when it comes to SEO and marketing.
To get your list started you can compile the list of e-mail addresses you have from existing clients and customers. This will give you a small base to build upon.
You will also need an auto-responder to respond to these requests. Automation is key to having your list built 24-7-365 whether or not you are in front of your computer.
- Offer something for free in return for an opt-in e-mail address. Offering a product like a newsletter, application, or free advice are all great ways to get opt-in e-mail addresses. When acquiring e-mail addresses do not request large amounts of personal data in your form. First and maybe last name and e-mail address are sufficient. If you want more data you can work toward gaining that information after you have gained a bit of trust.
- Gather e-mail addresses at Point of Sale (POS). If you have a brick store front you can offer an opt-in e-mailing for promotions that can be offered prior to the promotion going public.
- Offer a “rewards” program on your site. e-commerce sites often offer a rewards program that allows customers to acquire points for purchases that can be used as discounts on future purchases. This method has a duel reward for you. First you gain an e-mail address and also a greater possibility of return customer to redeem their points.
- Write an e-book and offer it on your site. In order ti receive the e-book a form requesting name and e-mail address must be filled out and submitted.
Their are many other ways to get qualified targeted marketing e-mail addresses. Be creative in your thought process.
Be sure to share and tweet this article to anyone you feel would find it informative or useful.
Toll Free: 1.877.578.4591
What is a list
Very simply put, a list is an e-mail address opt-in list (a list people voluntarily join) that you can use for marketing your products or services. This is not a list you compile from searching for e-mail addresses or use e-mail harvesting software, as those techniques are illegal and will get you listed as a spammer.
Why Do I need One?
The purpose of building a list is acquire another means of marketing. Once you have built your list (We will discuss how to build a list in our next post.) you will have another marketing tool to legally silicate your products or services. The more avenues you have to get people to know and trust you, the more clients you will acquire. Building trust comes with time. Proving your ability and knowledge will help build that trust.
Toll Free: 1.877.578.4591